Educating girls can break the cycle of poverty in just one generation. Around the world, local leaders have culturally-relevant ideas to improve learning and retention particularly for girls, but often don't have access to needed funding and support. Social entrepreneurs need multi-disciplinary support, including how to tell their stories of impact.
WHY GIRLS EDUCATION?
Global dropout rates are high, especially for girls. Around the world, more than 75% of girls currently out of school are expected never to enroll again. For those of us committed to addressing global poverty, improving education for girls may be the closest thing to eliminating the root cause.
- Enjoy growing up and are more able to deal with difficult times
- Develop positive relationships with friends and family
- Develop their understanding of right and wrong
- Increase Potential Lifetime Earnings
- Have a positive identity and self-worth